Monday, June 23, 2008

What a Day!

Yesterday started with a great service at Freedom. We had the last of the "One Prayer" series video sermons. This guy spoke from the most beautiful locations I have seen. He was in Hawaii. Honestly I had a hard time concentrating on what he was saying. I caught myself thinking about how warm it must be there and wondering what the parts I couldn’t see must look like. But I managed to bring my self back to what he was speaking about.

I mentioned in the last post the band was playing. Well, that was last night and it was absolutely AWESOME! We were at Heritage Baptist Church. This is a church that knows what getting out and helping the ones that need help is all about. I heard stories about some of the things they are doing with the homeless in this area and WOW! There are no other words to describe it. I’ll write more on that later. Anyway, here is a condensed version of the evening. We started to play the first song and I noticed the three men I knew were on church staff, standing in the front row, they were dancing, singing and having a wonderful time. That really got me pumped up. I noticed every one else was having the same great time. The guys and our lone “Princess” were on top of things last night. We had a great time praising God! I’m still getting chills thinking about it. We will be back there soon and I will let you know when. After the service my wife and I spent some good quality time over dinner with some of the band members and their families. I love these guys like my family. They are great!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

You are right, Mark-it was AWESOME!! I hope it works out that we can go back and worship with them again soon. The Heritage members told me how much the band being there blessed THEM, but I told them that it was a huge blessing for us to be there with them! Everyone was just blessing each other and praising God at the same time!! :o)

The Brighter Side of Things said...

Jeanne,

I have talked with most everyone that was there and it is unanimous...AWESOME!!!

I agree and can't wait to get back there and get another boost.