Monday, August 11, 2008

Less Than Three Weeks

I have concluded it is not good for me to tell what I am planning to do with the blog. It is now Monday and the family is home. We have a great time at the beach. There was lots of sun fun and friends. I mentioned the Tiki bar in the previous post. I think I said something about a picture in it. Well, I was sitting here thinking about what I was going to do tonight and suddenly realized that I never took a picture of the Tiki bar. So I guess I will not share a picture of it. I guess I could find one somewhere on the web and post it but what is the use. We did take several pictures and many of them are good but I have yet to connect the camera to the computer to move them to a more permanent home. Anyway, it was back to the regular routine today. I got up this morning only to show up to work and play catch up all day. That is the real down side to taking a vacation. You spend so much time cleaning up the things that others don’t have time to get to or just decide they don’t want to do. (NBD)

Here are the things I feel are the hi-lites of the week:
-After a few hours of driving we arrived Sunday afternoon.
-The women went grocery shopping.
-Mid morning Monday everyone decided to roll out of the bed and mosey to the beach.
-Tuesday the men (Me and Ben) joined Lance and Joe for a round of 18. 103 degrees Wow was it hot.
-Wednesday was still mid morning getting to the beach but it was earlier than Monday.
-Thursday we got to the beach before 10. The waves were killer. We were about dead from riding one after another. It was totally ahhhhhwesome, duoode!!! We were on boogie boards so I guess we were hanging five.
-Friday was so much cooler. We pretty much hung out in (not at) the ocean all day.
-Saturday started with a walk on the beach. My wife was too into sleep so I was all alone. It was nice alone time. It would have been nice to have her with me but it was good as it was. We spent the morning at the pool and waited until six for the beach. Tried fishing with a casting net. I like it and plan to start the week off with it next year.

I’m already looking forward to next year. I can’t wait. I guess I can wait for the catch up week following vacation. But I will be worth it.

What is your favorite thing to do at the beach?

Who knows what will be next.

Until then!

No comments: