Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Snow Day in Life!

What a fun day! It started with spending a few minutes with the local morning news to learn there was no school. Then I was greeted by my son at 6:30. Any other morning he wouldn’t mane a sound until I rolled him out of his bed and had him standing as I push him toward the shower. Anyway next was a hug from my daughter. It wasn’t long before the simple question started, “Can we go outside?” It was a nice day. The snow was pretty and peaceful. Standing on my porch I could hear the cheer of kids from all around. Joy filled the air.

Yesterday a good friend of mine learned that her job along with nearly 130 others was being eliminated. I can’t imagine the stress of having to go through a day meeting after meeting each one revealing a new piece of the puzzle as to what lies ahead. All said and done at the end of the day she has two options neither that is all that good. Pray for my friend. She deserves something good to come out of this. At lease today she had the chance to play in the snow with her two special daughters. Pray that God will send her the wise advice that she needs to survive this life altering situation.

No comments: