Tuesday, April 29, 2008

How Crazy Life Can Get

I keep telling myself I’m not going to do this or that and yet, when someone asks I get so hyped and before you know it I’ve agreed to something that takes a deep commitment of time. Before you know it I feel like I don’t see my family for days as a time (that never happens it just seems that way). From time to time I have to step back and look at what I am involved in and decide what will have to go in order to make sure I have time for my wife and kids. We should all take the time to evaluate our activities and decide what is really most important.

The band is getting geared up for Relay for Life. Have I mentioned that Relay for Life in Greer is May 16th & 17th? Ok, that was a cheap plug. What I was saying is the band is putting the finishing touches on our set list. We found out our time slot. We are taking the stage between midnight and 1:00 am. It really depends on when the dance competition ends. The good news was we are not limited to 30 minutes like we were originally told. It has really made things hard in preparing. So if you don’t have anything to do on May 17th come see us and enjoy the atmosphere of Relay for Life, Greer style.

Can’t wait to see you there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Doc, Since I have a two year old in my house now things have changed drastically as far as priorities. I have learned that if you want to know what is important in life, look through the eyes of a child.

The Brighter Side of Things said...

Isn't it amazing how much life changes with a child in the house. I know a few people that I think should learn a lesson about that.