Friday, July 4, 2008

Catchin' Up

I spent the day yesterday catching up with lost of family. It is very enjoyable to get to sit and talk about the wonder years (old times for those of you that are too young to remember the TV show). Today is July 4th and we need to take the time to remember the beginning of this great nation.

My family will be going out to see the community wide parade in a couple of hours and then go the picnic at the community park. These were such great memories as a child. I know with all the stuff my children have to entertain them these days it will not be the same for them but I'm sure they will have fun. The afternoon will be spent with close to 100 family members getting reacquainted. I was very close to some of them when I was much younger and I guess the stresses of life and the distance between AK and SC. But we will make up for lost time today.

Oh yes, My kids wanted me to write something funny about their mother today. We got here Wednesday evening and she decided to take a shower before bed (always nice). When she was adjusting my Grandfathers shower head and broke a plastic adapter in half. I told her I can't take her anywhere. I guess she doesn't feel at home until she breaks something.

Have a Happy July 4th,
Until later.

Thought I'd share this recipe with you all, it's from my daughter:

Gravy

¼ cup of Grease or oil
¼ tsp Slat
¼ tsp Pepper
3 Big table spoons flower
Stir and let cook until it bubbles
2 cups of milk
Stir until it gets thick

No comments: