Saturday, July 12, 2008

I want to break the Rut!!!

OK, so I had one person to tell me this week that I did so well about posting while I was on vacation. The one thing about going to a small town is there isn't a lot to choose from to fill every moment of the day. Don't get me wrong I loved spending time with all of my family. It just worked out that there was enough free time for me to stop and type a few lines about the trip.

So as promised here are a few pictures I took of the community parade and it brought back so many great memories of my childhood. I'll share them with you in the coming days as I reflect.











Notice the kid in the last picture didn't make it to the end of the parade.

The really cool thing was when we went to the community picnic I relived my childhood through my children. The fell in love with the same games I did as a child. I wonder if I had the same look on my face as they did when they won the prizes. No! You won't see me riding around town in the Ford F150 the Chamber of Commerce raffled off. It was won by an Out of Towner but it wasn't anyone in my family.

I guess I'd better cut this off and save some of this for later. A quick note before I go, the band will be playing at Heritage Baptist church in Greenville again this Sunday. If you want to experience a great worship time come joins us as we are blessed by these wonderful people. This looks like it may be a regular thing for a while. Pray for us as we prepare to assist God in leading this worship experience. Hope to see you there. If you can't make it physically be there spiritually.

See you soon!!!

No comments: