Wednesday, July 2, 2008

We are on a Vacation!!!!

Well, the vacation is on! We pulled out of the yard at 5:45 am this morning headed for Arkansas. The trip has been a long one. The time has gone quickly. We just crossed the "Mighty Mississippi River". I tried to take a picture to post right here, but the batteries on the camera died. I'll try again on the way home.

Isn't it strange how things cycle. The last time I went over this bridge the water was so low the birds were standing on the sandbars in the middle of the river. We are still an hour away from our destination.

Here is a condensed version of the trip.
1) Left at ay break
2) One "Emergency" stop just outside of Asheville (My wife)
3) One fuel stop (potty break included)
4) Lunch run (another potty break included)
5) Crossed the Mississippi a long time later
6) Call from my Grandfather (He's in his 90's)
7) Kids are awake now

Well, of course I could not post this from the road so we have arrived. It took ten and a half hours. That is about average. That means we made pretty good time with the extra stops.

There are a couple of things I am looking forward to with this trip.
1) Seeing a lot of cousins (a few generations), aunts and uncles that I have not seen in a long time.
2) The community’s July 4th celebration. (parade and picnic)
3)Family Reunion
4) Time away from work

Update you later. Be safe and have a Happy July 4th!

No comments: