Monday, July 7, 2008

Every Good Thing must come to an end

It is late Sunday night and I am getting ready to go to bed. We are heading out on the long trip back home tomorrow morning. It has been very nice to see all the family and I really hate to leave. However, it is time to get back to the regular routine and start preparing for the next trip.

Just an update on the small town celebration, the kids loved the community parade and picnic. My son fell in love with the ring toss. It was my favorite when I was a kid. I remember winning several knives over the years. None of which I have a clue where they might be today. But, my son knows where the knife is that he won. I think it is so cool to know he has experienced some of my childhood. I hope he will think back in thirty years and remember that feeling he had when he saw that ring drop over that knife and land on the board and the sound of the man shouting "We have a winner". My daughter brought home a stuffed puppy dog that she has to have as soon as she saw it. She did quite well throwing darts at the balloons. Unfortunately I don't have pictures of either event. However, you will see pictures of the parade as soon as I have the time to sit down and sort through them. I will post a few of the ones that capture the air of the hometown celebration of our great country's 232nd birthday.

See you at the house!

No comments: