Monday, September 8, 2008

Weekend Update

The band was at Heritage yesterday. Things seemed to get off to a slow start. God decided to spend the day teaching me a little bit. The morning service was the third time we have led worship at Heritage. It was exciting to see two adults accept Jesus as their personal savior during the morning worship service. To top that just before the closing prayer the Associate Pastor announced that three children also accept Jesus as their personal savior in the children's service. That is pretty amazing isn’t it, five people, in the span of two hours? I am ashamed to tell you I walked out of the church with much less excitement than I did the two previous times we led worship there. I can’t believe I didn’t walk out of that church shouting and dancing with Joy. I have five new brothers and sisters in my family.

The first two times we led worship at Heritage were evening services which are a much like the services at Freedom. Sunday evening the people that sat in the pews with few exceptions were totally different people than the morning service. The worshipers showed a desire to spend quality time with God. The experience was not the same as the previous two times. But as I said earlier I came away with a lesson. The message was along the lines of when we face troubled times we MUST keep our focus on what matters most, God. He will bring us through the hard times and we will be stronger after the storm settles. The lesson I came away with is “we have all been called to spread God’s message”. We should use every opportunity and every option available to us in spreading God’s message.

I can’t wait for the next time we have an opportunity to share God’s love with our musical talents. I am so blessed to be associated with the other guys (and girl) in the band. They have so much talent and a love for God. I love these guys so much and am truly thankful for them allowing me to join them in this adventure. We all have very supportive families. They allow us to spend time away from them practicing as we prepare to lead worship as well as the extra time it takes to arrive early to set up and get the settings right on all the equipment prior to the services. They are wonderful and as much a part of what we are doing as we are. This is one great family. I’ll let you know when we are scheduled to lead worship somewhere.

I know I kind of rambled and I am sorry but that is the magic of blogging. Nothing has to lead to a point and I can say what comes to my mind at any moment.

Check back soon. I actually do have things lined up for they next several days to see what things pop out of the mind of this fourty something teenager.

See you later.

No comments: