Wednesday, February 13, 2008

New Era (cont.)

OK I’m picking up from my post on February 7th. “What are we really here for?” We are here to expand the kingdom of God; to “go and make disciples of all nations…” (Matt. 28:19)

We are commissioned to spread the word of God as believers. This brings to mind a question I was asked by the pastor of a church I had gone forward to join several years ago. This question changed the direction of the way I worshiped and served God. The pastor asked me if I was going to come into the church as working member. He said this church wants people that will be active and involved and not people that just come in and sit for a couple of hours a week. Ponder that question and search for your place (where ever you are) to be active and work to spread the news of the Freedom that only Christ gives.

No comments: