Friday, February 15, 2008

Time for a Revolt

I am on a soap box right now. Be aware!!!!! You are about to read a post from one upset parent. But I'll try to keep things simple for now.

While watching the 11 pm news last night I was dumbfounded by a story that broke the solitude of my alone time. My wife and two teen age children were in bed resting for an event filled Friday. And the story was about an energy drink. Now, I am always up for an energy boost but the marketing of this product is what got me bent out of shape.

Let me say these few things before you watch the video as I may loose you (I hope) when you actually see it.

1) I want to see this product off the market.
2) Marketing in the US should have better regulation.

I remember when I was a child there were some strong regulations on alcohol and tobacco products. I sure don't want to see someone promoting a lifestyle of drug use.

The best way I know to start is to get the word out. Now, watch the video and help me fight to keep this type of junk away from our children. They are dealing with enough at this time and do not need this to add to the equation.



There are many other videos on this product all over the internet. I am in no way trying to promote this product. I am taking a public stand against marketing an unacceptable behavior. Let's help the impressionable younger generations of our nation and the world to make better choices.

1 comment:

Cliff Marshall said...

to quote Tim Wilson, "It's a sorry world..."